Home About Recipes Links Contact

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Take Me the Way I am

In exactly two weeks it's my first wedding anniversary. I have to say that I am REALLY excited about it. I've had very few anniversary celebrations in my life and definitely none celebrating getting married!
So I decided to do a post dedicated to my anniversary. I would do it in two weeks but I am going to have 5 extra people in my house and I very much doubt I will have time.
We got married in Vegas. Now I had never ever considered myself a get hitched in Vegas sort of girl (although I was definitely the party it up in Vegas girl when i was single). When we got engaged and we started planning we quickly realized we couldn't afford a huge wedding. After a suggestion from my Father In Law (one of the sweetest men in the entire world) I started really considering the Vegas idea. But I really wanted to make sure that it didn't turn out too tacky.
We ended up getting married at Treasure Island. I wasn't thrilled about putting the words Treasure Island on my invitations but they had an adorable chapel and a package that included limos, flowers, a suite, champagne, video, pictures etc for $1300. Hard to pass up. It ended up being beautiful. And we had a hilarious pastor (think Princess Bride).
I walked down the aisle to At Last by Etta James. I had a bouquet made by my mother, a handkerchief hand stitched by my grandmother and an angel pin that belonged to my mother in law's mother. I had hot pink heels on and my veil was handmade by my mother and I had made some cute hot pink panties that said Mrs. Quincey across the butt.
Right when the music started I was in a hallway all by myself. I wasn't nervous but I had butterflies. I walked down the aisle (very short aisle) with my father. As soon as those doors opened all I could see was his face. Everything in me melted and settled all at the same time. I thought I would get so emotional and cry all over the place but all I could do was look at this man that I loved so much and think  ‘Thank God you found me.'
Our reception was at Maggiano's Little Italy (if you haven't eaten there... go immediately). We had about 30 wedding guests. Our first dance was to Calling You by Blue October (the acoustic version). The food was AMAZING. Although I didn't get to eat much as there just was not any more room in that dress. Everyone just PARTIED. It was literally the most fun I had ever had. Everyone danced and danced. The open bar helped a lot. At one point my maid of honor was getting low with my mother in law. It was just so great.
It was all over way too soon. I am so thankful that I had a flawless wedding day. Even the things that went wrong just make me laugh. That day I married my best friend, the man who makes me laugh everyday, takes care of me, tolerates my inconsistencies and loves me for who I am. It hasn't always been easy this past year but there is no one I would rather wake up to every morning. I feel so blessed.
In honor of the best day of my life... A slide show of our day...

 






5 comments:

  1. Sarah:

    I think your wedding sounds and looks like it was beautiful!

    I love that song At Last and I cry every time I hear it....great choice...

    Years from now when you and your husband are looking back on your life....you will not be thinking about how much money your wedding did or did not cost.....You will be thinking about the LOVE!!!

    ~Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your wedding video!!! It looked so fun! What a beautiful tribute to your husband.

    At last was mine and my husbands first dance- great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful story! And you looked absolutely amazing & so in love!

    And an early Happy Anniversary! I wish you many more years of love, happiness & peace!

    BTW, off topic but I love love love your background & header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies so much! It truly was the best day of my life and went by so fast! I am thankful I have a million and one pictures to remember it by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet!! I saw your comment about this post over at SIF's community and I wanted to come check it out. Congrats on the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...