Home About Recipes Links Contact

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Maybe I'm Amazed

I survived the Clomid! Not only did I survive, but I made it through with no more emotional break downs. It's a miracle! I feel like myself again, which is nice. I am pretty sure my husband is pretty relieved, as well.

Sunday I started my ovulation predictor kits. I should have started a couple days earlier, but I lost track of the days. Turns out, the first one I took on Sunday came up POSITIVE!!!! I could barely believe it. I ran outside with the test (which is kind of gross, considering I pee on it) and showed it to my husband to make sure I wasn't seeing things. He confirmed the positive result. I still wasn't satisfied so I took a picture on my phone and sent it to a friend of mine, who also confirmed the positive result. I was sooo excited! FINALLY I am achieving a normal body function! This is the first time I have ovulated in, well, YEARS. I am strangely proud of my body for responding to the Clomid and THANK GOD because that higher dose really made it itself known.

I went to my follicle check ultrasound appointment yesterday. I was so optimistic because I had already gotten the positive result. But again, my follicles weren't showing that they were ripe or that I was about to ovulate. The Dr said that I had probably already released the egg. I suppose I should trust the test of the Dr does but I am still questioning it and hoping that I didn't misread it.



If I did release it already we should have a good chance of being pregnant (thank goodness for all the sex Saturday and Sunday! :)). I am so hopeful. I'm also a little nervous. I don't want to get my hopes up too high and then be disappointed. But I keep telling myself... at least this is a step in the right direction.

I still couldn't stop myself from going through the baby section at Target today, though... So many cute new things! Graco has a new travel system out called little hoot that has owls all over it. SO adorable. I love owls lately for some reason.

I'm babbling.

This weekend is Valentine's Day. I am getting a head start and baking my husband some cupcakes tonight. I never liked this Holiday before but now it's a nice excuse to spoil my husband and make out in public! That's right... we're one of those couples. I'm not ashamed... I hold my head up high and celebrate the PDA!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for ovulating! That would make me pretty excited too! Seeing a positive anything would probably leave me pretty excited! :) Good luck...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...