Home About Recipes Links Contact

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hallelujah

Everything feels so right. Right now I am so happy and excited.

I had another appointment with Dr. Baby. I was so nervous! After my run in with one of his nurses last week where she basically told me I was too fat to have a baby and to call back in a few months, I had no idea what was in store for me.

I did see that nurse. She didn't speak to me but she also didn't look too happy to see me. She was kind of shooting me dirty looks. Thankfully, I was quickly tucked away in Dr. Baby's office and his other nurse took care of everything else with me for the rest of the appointment. The other nurse is way nicer than Nurse Ratchet.

Dr. Baby came in and apologized immediately for Nurse Ratchet. He was so nice. He didn't even broach the subject of losing weight before starting a cycle. He just asked me if i was ready to make a baby.

He went over my new treatment plan. I start prometrium tonight to bring on a period. And also another medication to lower my DHEA-S levels to promote ovulation. He also is not having me go back on the clomid. I will be going on Femara and after the results of my mid-cycle scan and hcg trigger shot.

Dr. Baby is really confident that this cocktail will work. I am so excited to get this going! I am also really loving that femara doesn't have nearly the side effects of clomid. No hot flashes for me!!

I am so excited to get this process started. I am so thankful for such a wonderful doctor (even if one of his nurses is cranky). This is the first true cycle we will be doing with a fertility clinic and I am already seeing the difference.

Through all the heartache, uncertainty and emotional instability, I remain thankful. My journey is insignificant compared to so many other people who suffer from infertility. This experience has shown me so much and made me grow in ways that I never thought possible. It has made me a much more compassionate person. I can only hope that this experience makes me a better mother someday.

Oh my god. Mother. I'm going to be a mommy someday.

Hopefully someday very soon!




4 comments:

  1. I am so happy that things are moving forward for you and your visit went so well!! Great news!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting lady! I'm so glad things went well, and that the doctor apologized for Nurse Ratchet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...